FlexPDE is a ”scripted finite element model builder and numerical solver”. By this we mean that from a script written by the user, FlexPDE performs the operations necessary to turn a description of a partial differential equations system into a finite element model, solve the system, and present graphical and tabular output of the results. FlexPDE is also a ”problem solving environment”. It performs the entire range of functions necessary to solve partial differential equation systems: an editor for preparing scripts, a mesh generator for building finite element meshes, a finite element solver to find solutions, and a graphics system to plot results. The user can edit the script, run the problem and observe the output, then re-edit and re-run repeatedly without leaving the FlexPDE application environment. FlexPDE has no pre-defined problem domain or equation list. The choice of partial differential equations is totally up to the user. The FlexPDE scripting language is a ”natural” language. It allows the user to describe the mathematics of his partial differential equations system and the geometry of his problem domain in a format similar to the way he might describe it to a co-worker.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Tzou, J. C.; Ward, M. J.: The stability and slow dynamics of spot patterns in the 2D Brusselator model: the effect of open systems and heterogeneities (2018)
- Kurella, Venu; Tzou, Justin; Coombs, Daniel; Ward, Michael: Asymptotic analysis of first passage time problems inspired by ecology (2015)
- Kalaoka, Wiratchada; Witayangkurn, Supot: Natural convection in porous square cavities with discrete heat sources on bottom and side walls (2014)
- Zhuravkov, M. A.; Bosyakov, S. M.; Martynenko, I. M.: Application of the method of small parameters for calculation of a plane problem of a static cubic anisotropic body (2013)
- Khansila, Paweena; Witayangkurn, Supot: Visualization of natural convection in enclosure filled with porous medium by sinusoidally temperature on the one side (2012)
- Sompong, Pensiri; Witayangkurn, Supot: Simulation of natural convection in a complicated enclosure with two wavy vertical walls (2012)
- Degasperi, Andrea; Calder, Muffy: Relating PDEs in cylindrical coordinates and CTMCs with levels of concentration (2010)
- Fursenko, R.; Minaev, S.; Maruta, K.; Nakamura, H.; Yang, H.: Characteristic regimes of premixed gas combustion in high-porosity micro-fibrous porous media (2010)
- Grover, N. B.: Diffusion with attrition (2006)