GASP: Answer set programming with lazy grounding In recent years, Answer Set Programming has gained popularity as a viable paradigm for applications in knowledge representation and reasoning. This paper presents a novel methodology to compute answer sets of an answer set program. The proposed methodology maintains a bottom-up approach to the computation of answer sets (as in existing systems), but it makes use of a novel structuring of the computation, that originates from the non-ground version of the program. Grounding is lazily performed during the computation of the answer sets. The implementation has been realized using Constraint Logic Programming over finite domains.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Arias, Joaquin; Carro, Manuel; Salazar, Elmer; Marple, Kyle; Gupta, Gopal: Constraint answer set programming without grounding (2018)
- Cuteri, Bernardo; Dodaro, Carmine; Ricca, Francesco; Schüller, Peter: Constraints, lazy constraints, or propagators in ASP solving: an empirical analysis (2017)
- Lefèvre, Claire; Béatrix, Christopher; Stéphan, Igor; Garcia, Laurent: ASPeRiX, a first-order forward chaining approach for answer set computing (2017)
- Bichler, Manuel; Morak, Michael; Woltran, Stefan: The power of non-ground rules in answer set programming (2016)
- Calimeri, Francesco; Gebser, Martin; Maratea, Marco; Ricca, Francesco: Design and results of the Fifth Answer Set Programming Competition (2016)
- Eiter, Thomas; Fink, Michael; Ianni, Giovambattista; Krennwallner, Thomas; Redl, Christoph; Schüller, Peter: A model building framework for answer set programming with external computations (2016)
- Calimeri, Francesco; Ianni, Giovambattista; Ricca, Francesco; Alviano, Mario; Bria, Annamaria; Catalano, Gelsomina; Cozza, Susanna; Faber, Wolfgang; Febbraro, Onofrio; Leone, Nicola; Manna, Marco; Martello, Alessandra; Panetta, Claudio; Perri, Simona; Reale, Kristian; Santoro, Maria Carmela; Sirianni, Marco; Terracina, Giorgio; Veltri, Pierfrancesco: The third answer set programming competition: preliminary report of the system competition track (2011) ioport
- Dal Palù, Alessandro; Dovier, Agostino; Pontelli, Enrico; Rossi, Gianfranco: GASP: Answer set programming with lazy grounding (2009)
- Eiter, Thomas; Ianni, Giovambattista; Krennwallner, Thomas: Answer set programming: a primer (2009)
- Lefèvre, Claire; Nicolas, Pascal: Integrating grounding in the search process for answer set computing (2008)