GLUT - The OpenGL Utility Toolkit. GLUT (pronounced like the glut in gluttony) is the OpenGL Utility Toolkit, a window system independent toolkit for writing OpenGL programs. It implements a simple windowing application programming interface (API) for OpenGL. GLUT makes it considerably easier to learn about and explore OpenGL programming. GLUT provides a portable API so you can write a single OpenGL program that works across all PC and workstation OS platforms. GLUT is designed for constructing small to medium sized OpenGL programs. While GLUT is well-suited to learning OpenGL and developing simple OpenGL applications, GLUT is not a full-featured toolkit so large applications requiring sophisticated user interfaces are better off using native window system toolkits. GLUT is simple, easy, and small. The GLUT library has both C, C++ (same as C), FORTRAN, and Ada programming bindings. The GLUT source code distribution is portable to nearly all OpenGL implementations and platforms. The current version is 3.7. Additional releases of the library are not anticipated. GLUT is not open source. Mark Kilgard maintains the copyright. There are a number of newer and open source alternatives.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Vergez, Guillaume; Danaila, Ionut; Auliac, Sylvain; Hecht, Frédéric: A finite-element toolbox for the stationary Gross-Pitaevskii equation with rotation (2016)
- Wei, Zhangping; Jang, Byunghyun; Jia, Yafei: A fast and interactive heat conduction simulator on GPUs (2014)
- Müller, Thomas; Frauendiener, Jörg: Charged particles constrained to a curved surface (2013)
- Urbanek, Simon: iPlots eXtreme: next-generation interactive graphics design and implementation of modern interactive graphics (2011)
- Pozrikidis, Constantine: Introduction to C++ programming and graphics. (2007)
- Renka, Robert J.: Algorithm 834: glsurf -- an interactive surface plotting program using OpenGL (2004)
- Cho, Sung-Bae: Towards creative evolutionary systems with interactive genetic algorithm (2002)