Parallel implementation of multilevel BDDC In application of the Balancing Domain Decomposition by Constraints (BDDC) to a case with many substructures, solving the coarse problem exactly becomes the bottleneck which spoils scalability of the solver. However, it is straightforward for BDDC to substitute the exact solution of the coarse problem by another step of BDDC method with subdomains playing the role of elements. In this way, the algorithm of three-level BDDC method is obtained. If this approach is applied recursively, multilevel BDDC method is derived. We present a detailed description of a recently developed parallel implementation of this algorithm. The implementation is applied to an engineering problem of linear elasticity and a benchmark problem of Stokes flow in a cavity. Results by the multilevel approach are compared to those by the standard (two-level) BDDC method.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Badia, Santiago; Martín, Alberto F.; Principe, Javier: Multilevel balancing domain decomposition at extreme scales (2016)
- Klawonn, Axel; Kühn, Martin; Rheinbach, Oliver: Adaptive coarse spaces for FETI-DP in three dimensions (2016)
- Spillane, Nicole: An adaptive multipreconditioned conjugate gradient algorithm (2016)
- Subber, Waad; Matouš, Karel: Asynchronous space-time algorithm based on a domain decomposition method for structural dynamics problems on non-matching meshes (2016)
- Xi, Yuanzhe; Li, Ruipeng; Saad, Yousef: An algebraic multilevel preconditioner with low-rank corrections for sparse symmetric matrices (2016)
- Zampini, Stefano: PCBDDC: a class of robust dual-primal methods in PETSc (2016)
- Hanek, Martin; Šístek, Jakub; Burda, Pavel: An application of the BDDC method to the Navier-Stokes equations in 3-D cavity. (2015)
- Heinlein, A.; Hetmaniuk, U.; Klawonn, A.; Rheinbach, O.: The approximate component mode synthesis special finite element method in two dimensions: parallel implementation and numerical results (2015)
- Šístek, J.; Mandel, J.; Sousedík, B.; Burda, P.: Parallel implementation of multilevel BDDC (2013)
- Sousedík, Bedřich: Nested BDDC for a saddle-point problem (2013)
- Sousedík, Bedřich; Šístek, Jakub; Mandel, Jan: Adaptive-multilevel BDDC and its parallel implementation (2013)