RCurl: General network (HTTP/FTP/...) client interface for R The package allows one to compose general HTTP requests and provides convenient functions to fetch URIs, get & post forms, etc. and process the results returned by the Web server. This provides a great deal of control over the HTTP/FTP/... connection and the form of the request while providing a higher-level interface than is available just using R socket connections. Additionally, the underlying implementation is robust and extensive, supporting FTP/FTPS/TFTP (uploads and downloads), SSL/HTTPS, telnet, dict, ldap, and also supports cookies, redirects, authentication, etc.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Matter, U.: RWebData: A High-Level Interface to the Programmable Web (2018) not zbMATH
- Baumer, Benjamin S.; Kaplan, Daniel T.; Horton, Nicholas J.: Modern data science with R (2017)
- Ugarte, María Dolores; Militino, Ana F.; Arnholt, Alan T.: Probability and statistics with R (2016)
- Gandrud, Christopher: Reproducible research with R and RStudio (2014)
- Temple Lang, Duncan: Enhancing R with advanced compilation tools and methods (2014)
- Zhao, Yanchang: R and data mining. Examples and case studies (2013)