TELEMAC: an efficient hydrodynamics suite for massively parallel architectures. This paper investigates the use of TELEMAC (a Finite Element-based hydrodynamics suite) on massively parallel computer architectures. The performance of TELEMAC is illustrated using two separate test cases. The first considers the use of TELEMAC-2D for simulating tidal currents in the vicinity of a renewable energy marine turbine farm, in order to provide reliable estimates of the expected energy yield. The second demonstrates the use of TELEMAC-3D for assessing the effects of fresh water discharges on the salinity distribution in a coastal lagoon. The simulations have been performed with meshes ranging from 2 to 12 million elements, and good scaling performance is achieved on a variety of different computer architectures.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Cordier, S.; Coullon, H.; Delestre, O.; Laguerre, C.; Le, M. H.; Pierre, D.; Sadaka, G.: FullSWOF$\_$Paral: comparison of two parallelization strategies (MPI and SKELGIS) on a software designed for hydrology applications (2013)
- Denis, Christophe; Montan, Sethy: Numerical verification of industrial numerical codes (2012)
- Moulinec, C.; Denis, C.; Pham, C.-T.; Rougé, D.; Hervouet, J.-M.; Razafindrakoto, E.; Barber, R. W.; Emerson, D. R.; Gu, X.-J.: TELEMAC: an efficient hydrodynamics suite for massively parallel architectures (2011)
- Alvarez-Vázquez, L. J.; Martínez, A.; Vázquez-Méndez, M. E.; Vilar, M. A.: Flow regulation for water quality restoration in a river section: modeling and control (2010)
- Boushaba, Farid; Chaabelasri, Elmiloud; Salhi, Najim; Elmahi, Imad; Benkhaldoun, Fayssal; Borthwick, Alistair G. L.: A comparative study of finite volume and finite element on some transcritical free surface flow problems (2008)
- Chacón Rebollo, T.; Rodríguez Gómez, D.: A numerical solver for the primitive equations of the ocean using term-by-term stabilization (2005)
- Guillén-González, F.; Rodríguez-Gómez, D.: Bubble finite elements for the primitive equations of the ocean (2005)
- Monthe, L. A.; Benkhaldoun, F.; Elmahi, I.: Positivity preserving finite volume Roe schemes for transport-diffusion equations (1999)