Automatic generation of theorems and proofs on enumerating consecutive-Wilf classes This article describes two complementary approaches to enumeration, the positive and the negative, each with its advantages and disadvantages. Both approaches are amenable to automation, and we apply it to the currently active subarea, initiated in 2003 by Sergi Elizalde and Marc Noy, of enumerating consecutive-Wilf classes (i.e. consecutive pattern-avoidance) in permutations.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Baxter, Andrew; Nakamura, Brian; Zeilberger, Doron: Automatic generation of theorems and proofs on enumerating consecutive-Wilf classes (2013)
- Dotsenko, Vladimir; Khoroshkin, Anton: Shuffle algebras, homology, and consecutive pattern avoidance (2013)
- Elizalde, Sergi: The most and the least avoided consecutive patterns (2013)
- Ehrenborg, Richard; Jung, Jiyoon: Descent pattern avoidance (2012)
- Elizalde, Sergi; Noy, Marc: Clusters, generating functions and asymptotics for consecutive patterns in permutations (2012)