elsA is a multi-application CFD simulation platform dealing with internal and external aerodynamics from the low subsonic to the high supersonic flow regime. The compressible 3-D Reynolds averaged Navier-Stokes equations for arbitrary moving bodies are solved by a cell centered finite-volume method with second order upwind or central space discretization with scalar or matrix artificial dissipation on multi-block structured meshes. A high flexibility in the multi-block approach is achieved in elsA through patched grid, Hierarchical Mesh Refinement and Chimera techniques. The discrete equations are integrated either by multistage Runge-Kutta schemes with implicit residual smoothing, or, which in general leads to a better efficiency, by backward Euler integration with implicit LU schemes. For time accurate computations, the implicit dual time stepping method or the Gear integration scheme are employed. Preconditioning is used for low speed flow simulations. A large variety of turbulence models are available, ranging from eddy viscosity to full differential Reynolds stress models, and including options for Detached Eddy Simulation (DES) and Large Eddy Simulation (LES). Various transition models are also available for complex geometry configurations. elsA software package includes an important software module dealing with aeroelasticity , . Also, a module dealing with calculation of gradients by linearized equation or by adjoint solver techniques is very useful for aerodynamic optimization.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Todarello, Giovanni; Vonck, Floris; Bourasseau, Sébastien; Peter, Jacques; Désidéri, Jean-Antoine: Finite-volume goal-oriented mesh adaptation for aerodynamics using functional derivative with respect to nodal coordinates (2016)
- Vanharen, Julien; Puigt, Guillaume; Montagnac, Marc: Theoretical and numerical analysis of nonconforming grid interface for unsteady flows (2015)
- Gomar, Adrien; Bouvy, Quentin; Sicot, Frédéric; Dufour, Guillaume; Cinnella, Paola; François, Benjamin: Convergence of Fourier-based time methods for turbomachinery wake passing problems (2014)
- Mettot, Clément; Renac, Florent; Sipp, Denis: Computation of eigenvalue sensitivity to base flow modifications in a discrete framework: application to open-loop control (2014)
- Grenier, N.; Vila, J.-P.; Villedieu, P.: An accurate low-Mach scheme for a compressible two-fluid model applied to free-surface flows (2013)
- Placzek, A.; Tran, D.-M.; Ohayon, R.: A nonlinear POD-Galerkin reduced-order model for compressible flows taking into account rigid body motions (2011)
- Cambier, L.; Kroll, N.: MIRACLE -- a joint DLR/ONERA effort on harmonization and development of industrial and research aerodynamic computational environment (2008)
- Alléon, G.; Champagneux, S.; Chevalier, G.; Giraud, L.; Sylvand, G.: Parallel distributed numerical simulations in aeronautic applications (2006)
- Thiery, Mylène; Coustols, Eric: URANS computations of shock-induced oscillations over 2D rigid airfoils: influence of test section geometry (2005)
- Graf, T.; Van Hentenryck, P.; Pradelles-Lasserre, C.; Zimmer, L.: Simulation of hybrid circuits in constraint logic programming (1990)