We announce the release of the fourth version of MEGA software, which expands on the existing facilities for editing DNA sequence data from autosequencers, mining Web-databases, performing automatic and manual sequence alignment, analyzing sequence alignments to estimate evolutionary distances, inferring phylogenetic trees, and testing evolutionary hypotheses. Version 4 includes a unique facility to generate captions, written in figure legend format, in order to provide natural language descriptions of the models and methods used in the analyses. This facility aims to promote a better understanding of the underlying assumptions used in analyses, and of the results generated. Another new feature is the Maximum Composite Likelihood (MCL) method for estimating evolutionary distances between all pairs of sequences simultaneously, with and without incorporating rate variation among sites and substitution pattern heterogeneities among lineages. This MCL method also can be used to estimate transition/transversion bias and nucleotide substitution pattern without knowledge of the phylogenetic tree. This new version is a native 32-bit Windows application with multi-threading and multi-user supports, and it is also available to run in a Linux desktop environment (via the Wine compatibility layer) and on Intel-based Macintosh computers under the Parallels program. The current version of MEGA is available free of charge at http://www.megasoftware.net.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Liu, Yong; Chen, Jingan; Qian, Jieying; Lin, Hao; Sun, Ning; Huang, Zunnan: Evolutionary analysis and structural characterization of \textitAquilariasinensis sesquiterpene synthase in agarwood formation: a computational study (2018)
- Namboodiri, Saritha; Giuliani, Alessandro; Nair, Achuthsankar S.; Dhar, Pawan K.: Looking for a sequence based allostery definition: a statistical journey at different resolution scales (2012)
- Blazewicz, Jacek; Formanowicz, Piotr; Kedziora, Pawel; Marciniak, Pawel; Taront, Przemyslaw: Adaptive memory programming: local search parallel algorithms for phylogenetic tree construction (2011)
- Niranjan Reddy, B. P.; Prasad, G. B. K. S.; Raghavendra, K.: \textitInsilico analysis of glutathione S-transferase supergene family revealed hitherto unreported insect specific (\delta)- and (\varepsilon)-GSTs and mammalian specific (\mu)-GSTs in \textitIxodesscapularis (Acari: Ixodidae) (2011)
- Coelho, Guilherme P.; da Silva, Ana Estela A.; Von Zuben, Fernando J.: An immune-inspired multi-objective approach to the reconstruction of phylogenetic trees (2010) ioport
- Sánchez, Robersy; Grau, Ricardo: An algebraic hypothesis about the primeval genetic code architecture (2009)