TOUGHREACT is a numerical simulation program for chemically reactive non-isothermal flows of multiphase fluids in porous and fractured media, developed by introducing reactive chemistry into the multiphase flow code TOUGH2. Interactions between mineral assemblages and fluids can occur under local equilibrium or kinetic rates. The gas phase can be chemically active. Precipitation and dissolution reactions can change formation porosity and permeability, and can also modify the unsaturated flow properties of the rock.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Bringedal, C.; Berre, I.; Pop, I.S.; Radu, F.A.: Upscaling of nonisothermal reactive porous media flow under dominant Péclet number: the effect of changing porosity (2016)
- Ahusborde, Etienne; Kern, Michel; Vostrikov, Viatcheslav: Numerical simulation of two-phase multicomponent flow with reactive transport in porous media: application to geological sequestration of CO$_2$ (2015)
- Steefel, C.I.; Appelo, C.A.J.; Arora, B.; Jacques, D.; Kalbacher, T.; Kolditz, O.; Lagneau, V.; Lichtner, P.C.; Mayer, K.U.; Meeussen, J.C.L.; Molins, S.; Moulton, D.; Shao, H.; Šimůnek, J.; Spycher, N.; Yabusaki, S.B.; Yeh, G.T.: Reactive transport codes for subsurface environmental simulation (2015)
- Schmid, K.S.; Geiger, S.; Sorbie, K.S.: Higher order FE-FV method on unstructured grids for transport and two-phase flow with variable viscosity in heterogeneous porous media (2013)
- Schmid, Karen Sophie; Geiger, Sebastian; Sorbie, Kenneth Stuart: Analytical solutions for co- and counter-current imbibition of sorbing, dispersive solutes in immiscible two-phase flow (2012)
- Yeh, Gour-Tsyh; Fang, Yilin; Zhang, Fan; Sun, Jiangtao; Li, Yuan; Li, Ming-Hsu; Siegel, Malcolm D.: Numerical modeling of coupled fluid flow and thermal and reactive biogeochemical transport in porous and fractured media (2010)