RPVM: Cluster Statistical Computing in R. rpvm is a wrapper for the Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM) API. PVM (Geist et al., 1994) is one of the original APIs for extending an application over a set of processors in a parallel computer or over machines in a local area cluster. We discuss the PVM API, how it is implemented in R, and provide examples for its use. rpvm provides a quick means for prototyping parallel statistical applications as well as for providing a front-end for data analysis from legacy PVM applications.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Nagarajan, Radhakrishnan; Scutari, Marco; Lèbre, Sophie: Bayesian networks in R. With applications in systems biology (2013)
- Yamamoto, Yoshikazu; Nakano, Junji; Fujiwara, Takeshi: Parallel computing in the statistical system Jasp (2010)
- Markus Schmidberger; Martin Morgan; Dirk Eddelbuettel; Hao Yu; Luke Tierney; Ulrich Mansmann: State of the Art in Parallel Computing with R (2009) not zbMATH
- Tierney, Luke; Rossini, A. J.; Li, Na: Snow: A parallel computing framework for the R system (2009)
- Ligges, Uwe: Programming with R (2007)
- Luke Tierney: Some Notes on the Past and Future of Lisp-Stat (2005) not zbMATH