Computing matrix representations. Let G be a finite group and χ a faithful irreducible character for G. Earlier papers by the first author describe techniques for computing a matrix representation for G which affords χ whenever the degree χ(1) is less than 32. In the present paper we introduce a new, fast method which can be applied in the important case where G is perfect and the socle soc(G/Z(G)) of G over its centre is Abelian. In particular, this enables us to extend the general construction of representations to all cases where χ(1)≤100. The improved algorithms have been implemented in the new version 3.0.1 of the GAP package REPSN by the first author.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Kulkarni, Ravindra S.: Algorithmic construction of representations of a finite solvable group. (2015)
- Böckle, Gebhard: Cohomological theory of crystals over function fields and applications (2014)
- Ulmer, Douglas: Curves and Jacobians over function fields (2014)
- Fischer, Maximilian; Ratz, Michael; Torrado, Jesús; Vaudrevange, Patrick K. S.: Classification of symmetric toroidal orbifolds (2013)
- Holthausen, Martin; Schmidt, Michael A.: Natural vacuum alignment from group theory: the minimal case (2012)
- Dabbaghian, Vahid; Dixon, John D.: Computing matrix representations. (2010)
- Dabbaghian-Abdoly, Vahid: Constructing representations of higher degrees of finite simple groups and covers. (2007)
- Dabbaghian-Abdoly, Vahid: Characters of some finite groups of Lie type with a restriction containing a linear character once. (2007)
- Dabbaghian-Abdoly, Vahid: Constructing representations of the finite symplectic group $\textSp(4,q)$. (2006)
- Goodman, Frederick M.; Hauschild, Holly: Affine Birman-Wenzl-Murakami algebras and tangles in the solid torus (2006)
- Dabbaghian-Abdoly, Vahid: An algorithm for constructing representations of finite groups. (2005)
- Beth, Thomas: On the computational complexity of the general discrete Fourier transform (1987)