multtest: Resampling-based multiple hypothesis testing. Non-parametric bootstrap and permutation resampling-based multiple testing procedures (including empirical Bayes methods) for controlling the family-wise error rate (FWER), generalized family-wise error rate (gFWER), tail probability of the proportion of false positives (TPPFP), and false discovery rate (FDR). Several choices of bootstrap-based null distribution are implemented (centered, centered and scaled, quantile-transformed). Single-step and step-wise methods are available. Tests based on a variety of t- and F-statistics (including t-statistics based on regression parameters from linear and survival models as well as those based on correlation parameters) are included. When probing hypotheses with t-statistics, users may also select a potentially faster null distribution which is multivariate normal with mean zero and variance covariance matrix derived from the vector influence function. Results are reported in terms of adjusted p-values, confidence regions and test statistic cutoffs. The procedures are directly applicable to identifying differentially expressed genes in DNA microarray experiments.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Kris Sankaran; Susan Holmes: structSSI: Simultaneous and Selective Inference for Grouped or Hierarchically Structured Data (2014)
- Vsevolozhskaya, Olga; Greenwood, Mark; Holodov, Dmitri: Pairwise comparison of treatment levels in functional analysis of variance with application to erythrocyte hemolysis (2014)
- Yata, Kazuyoshi; Aoshima, Makoto: Correlation tests for high-dimensional data using extended cross-data-matrix methodology (2013)
- Yata, Kazuyoshi; Aoshima, Makoto: Inference on high-dimensional mean vectors with fewer observations than the dimension (2012)
- Miecznikowski, Jeffrey C.; Gold, David; Shepherd, Lori; Liu, Song: Deriving and comparing the distribution for the number of false positives in single step methods to control $k$-FWER (2011)
- Yata, Kazuyoshi; Aoshima, Makoto: Intrinsic dimensionality estimation of high-dimension, low sample size data with $D$-asymptotics (2010)
- Causeur, D.; Kloareg, M.; Friguet, C.: Control of the FWER in multiple testing under dependence (2009)
- Tuglus, Catherine; Van der Laan, Mark J.: Modified FDR controlling procedure for multi-stage analyses (2009)
- Dudoit, Sandrine; Keleş, Sündüz; van der Laan, Mark J.: Multiple tests of association with biological annotation metadata (2008)
- Segal, Mark R.: Validation in genomics: CPG island methylation revisited (2006)
- Gentleman, Robert (ed.); Carey, Vincent J. (ed.); Huber, Wolfgang (ed.); Irizarry, Rafael A. (ed.); Dudoit, Sandrine (ed.): Bioinformatics and computational biology solutions using R and Bioconductor. (2005)