PVeStA: A parallel statistical model checking and quantitative analysis tool. Statistical model checking is an attractive formal analysis method for probabilistic systems such as, for example, cyber-physical systems which are often probabilistic in nature. This paper is about drastically increasing the scalability of statistical model checking, and making such scalability of analysis available to tools like Maude, where probabilistic systems can be specified at a high level as probabilistic rewrite theories. It presents PVeStA, an extension and parallelization of the VeStA statistical model checking tool . PVeStA supports statistical model checking of probabilistic real-time systems specified as either: (i) discrete or continuous Markov Chains; or (ii) probabilistic rewrite theories in Maude. Furthermore, the properties that it can model check can be expressed in either: (i) PCTL/CSL, or (ii) the QuaTEx quantitative temporal logic. As our experiments show, the performance gains obtained from parallelization can be very high.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Dantas, Yuri Gil; Lemos, Marcilio O.O.; Fonseca, Iguatemi E.; Nigam, Vivek: Formal specification and verification of a selective defense for TDos attacks (2016)
- Johnsen, Einar Broch; Schlatte, Rudolf; Tapia Tarifa, S.Lizeth: Integrating deployment architectures and resource consumption in timed object-oriented models (2015)
- Belzner, Lenz; De Nicola, Rocco; Vandin, Andrea; Wirsing, Martin: Reasoning (on) service component ensembles in rewriting logic (2014)
- Grov, Jon; Ölveczky, Peter Csaba: Formal modeling and analysis of google’s megastore in real-time maude (2014)
- Bentea, Lucian; Ölveczky, Peter Csaba: A probabilistic strategy language for probabilistic rewrite theories and its application to cloud computing (2013)
- Eckhardt, Jonas; Mühlbauer, Tobias; Meseguer, José; Wirsing, Martin: Statistical model checking for composite actor systems (2013)
- Meseguer, José; Roşu, Grigore: The rewriting logic semantics project: a progress report (2013)
- Bruni, Roberto; Corradini, Andrea; Gadducci, Fabio; Lluch Lafuente, Alberto; Vandin, Andrea: Modelling and analyzing adaptive self-assembly strategies with Maude (2012)
- Katelman, Michael; Keller, Sean; Meseguer, José: Rewriting semantics of production rule sets (2012)
- Meseguer, José: Twenty years of rewriting logic (2012)
- Wirsing, Martin; Eckhardt, Jonas; Mühlbauer, Tobias; Meseguer, José: Design and analysis of cloud-based architectures with KLAIM and Maude (2012)
- AlTurki, Musab; Meseguer, José: PVeSTA: A parallel statistical model checking and quantitative analysis tool (2011)