Athena is a grid-based code for astrophysical magnetohydrodynamics (MHD). It was developed primarily for studies of the interstellar medium, star formation, and accretion flows. Athena has been made freely available to the community in the hope that others may find it useful.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Mösta, Philipp; Mundim, Bruno C.; Faber, Joshua A.; Haas, Roland; Noble, Scott C.; Bode, Tanja; Löffler, Frank; Ott, Christian D.; Reisswig, Christian; Schnetter, Erik: GRHydro: a new open-source general-relativistic magnetohydrodynamics code for the Einstein toolkit (2014)
- Popov, M.V.: Piecewise parabolic method on a local stencil in cylindrical coordinates for fluid dynamics simulations (2012)
- Murawski, K.: Numerical solutions of magnetohydrodynamic equations (2011)
- Waagan, K.; Federrath, C.; Klingenberg, C.: A robust numerical scheme for highly compressible magnetohydrodynamics: nonlinear stability, implementation and tests (2011)
- Fuchs, F.G.; McMurry, A.D.; Mishra, S.; Risebro, N.H.; Waagan, K.: High-order well-balanced finite volume schemes for simulating wave propagation in stratified magnetic atmospheres (2010)
- Sekora, Michael D.; Stone, James M.: A hybrid Godunov method for radiation hydrodynamics (2010)
- Fromang, S.; Stone, J.M.: Turbulent resistivity driven by the magnetorotational instability (2009)
- Fuchs, F.G.; Mishra, S.; Risebro, N.H.: Splitting based finite volume schemes for ideal MHD equations (2009)
- Lee, Dongwook; Deane, Anil E.: An unsplit staggered mesh scheme for multidimensional magnetohydrodynamics (2009)
- Colella, Phillip; Sekora, Michael D.: A limiter for PPM that preserves accuracy at smooth extrema (2008)