Unicorn: parallel adaptive finite element simulation of turbulent flow and fluid-structure interaction for deforming domains and complex geometry. We present a framework for adaptive finite element computation of turbulent flow and fluid–structure interaction, with focus on general algorithms that allow for complex geometry and deforming domains. We give basic models and finite element discretization methods, adaptive algorithms and strategies for efficient parallel implementation. To illustrate the capabilities of the computational framework, we show a number of application examples from aerodynamics, aero-acoustics, biomedicine and geophysics. The computational tools are free to download open source as Unicorn, and as a high performance branch of the finite element problem solving environment DOLFIN, both part of the FEniCS project.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Bourantas, George C.; Cheeseman, Bevan L.; Ramaswamy, Rajesh; Sbalzarini, Ivo F.: Using DC PSE operator discretization in Eulerian meshless collocation methods improves their robustness in complex geometries (2016)
- Hoffman, Johan; Jansson, Johan; Johnson, Claes: New theory of flight (2016)
- Vilela de Abreu, Rodrigo; Jansson, Niclas; Hoffman, Johan: Computation of aeroacoustic sources for a Gulfstream G550 nose landing gear model using adaptive FEM (2016)
- Bürg, Markus; Nazarov, Murtazo: Goal-oriented adaptive finite element methods for elliptic problems revisited (2015)
- Hoffman, Johan; Jansson, Johan; Vilela de Abreu, Rodrigo; Degirmenci, Niyazi Cem; Jansson, Niclas; Müller, Kaspar; Nazarov, Murtazo; Spühler, Jeannette Hiromi: Unicorn: parallel adaptive finite element simulation of turbulent flow and fluid-structure interaction for deforming domains and complex geometry (2013)
- Jansson, Niclas; Hoffman, Johan; Jansson, Johan: Framework for massively parallel adaptive finite element computational fluid dynamics on tetrahedral meshes (2012)
- Hoffman, Johan; Jansson, Johan; Stöckli, Michael: Unified continuum modeling of fluid-structure interaction (2011)