The CESE solver is a compressible flow solver based upon the Conservation Element/Solution Element (CE/SE) method, originally proposed by Dr. Chang in NASA Glenn Research Center. This method is a novel numerical framework for conservation laws. It has many non-traditional features, including a unified treatment of space and time, the introduction of conservation element (CE) and solution element (SE), and a novel shock capturing strategy without using a Riemann solver. To date, this method has been used to solve many different types of flow problems, such as detonation waves, shock/acoustic wave interaction, cavitating flows, and chemical reaction flows. In LS-DYNA, it has been extended to also solve fluid-structure interaction problems with the embedded (or immersed) boundary approach or moving (or fitting) mesh approach.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Yang, Yun; Feng, Xue-Shang; Jiang, Chao-Wei: A high-order CESE scheme with a new divergence-free method for MHD numerical simulation (2017)
- Nisar, Ubaid Ahmed; Ashraf, Waqas; Qamar, Shamsul: A splitting scheme based on the space-time CE/SE method for solving multi-dimensional hydrodynamical models of semiconductor devices (2016)
- Shen, Hua; Wen, Chih-Yung; Liu, Kaixin; Zhang, Deliang: Robust high-order space-time conservative schemes for solving conservation laws on hybrid meshes (2015)
- Bilyeu, David L.; Yu, S.-T.John; Chen, Yung-Yu; Cambier, Jean-Luc: A two-dimensional fourth-order unstructured-meshed Euler solver based on the CESE method (2014)
- Qamar, Shamsul; Yousaf, Muhammad: The space-time CESE method for solving special relativistic hydrodynamic equations (2012)
- Cheng, Gary C.; Venkatachari, Balaji Shankar; Chang, Chau-Lyan; Chang, Sin-Chung: Comparative study of different numerical approaches in space-time CESE framework for high-fidelity flow simulations (2011)
- Chen, Yung-Yu; Yang, Lixiang; Yu, Sheng-Tao John: Simulations of waves in elastic solids of cubic symmetry by the conservation element and solution element method (2011)
- Qamar, Shamsul; Yousaf, Muhammad; Mudasser, Sidrah: The space-time CE/SE method for solving ultra-relativistic Euler equations (2011)