pde2path - a Matlab package for continuation and bifurcation in 2D elliptic systems. pde2path is a free and easy to use Matlab continuation/bifurcation package for elliptic systems of PDEs with arbitrary many components, on general two dimensional domains, and with rather general boundary conditions. The package is based on the FEM of the Matlab pdetool, and is explained by a number of examples, including Bratu’s problem, the Schnakenberg model, Rayleigh Benard convection, and von Karman plate equations. These serve as templates to study new problems. The basic algorithm is a one parameter arclength-continuation, including a parallel computing version. Stability calculations, error control and mesh-handling, and some elementary time-integration are also supported. The continuation, branch-switching, plotting etc are performed via matlab command-line function calls guided by the Auto style.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Gavish, Nir: Poisson-Nernst-Planck equations with steric effects -- non-convexity and multiple stationary solutions (2018)
- Grass, Dieter; Uecker, Hannes: Optimal management and spatial patterns in a distributed shallow lake model (2017)
- Jüngel, Ansgar; Kuehn, Christian; Trussardi, Lara: A meeting point of entropy and bifurcations in cross-diffusion herding (2017)
- Dohnal, Tomáš; Uecker, Hannes: Bifurcation of nonlinear Bloch waves from the spectrum in the Gross-Pitaevskii equation (2016)
- Marojević, Želimir; Göklü, Ertan; Lämmerzahl, Claus: ATUS-PRO: a FEM-based solver for the time-dependent and stationary Gross-Pitaevskii equation (2016)
- Wetzel, Daniel: Pattern analysis in a benthic bacteria-nutrient system (2016)
- Siero, E.; Doelman, A.; Eppinga, M. B.; Rademacher, J. D. M.; Rietkerk, M.; Siteur, K.: Striped pattern selection by advective reaction-diffusion systems: resilience of banded vegetation on slopes (2015)
- Zhelyazov, D.; Han-Kwan, D.; Rademacher, J. D. M.: Global stability and local bifurcations in a two-fluid model for tokamak plasma (2015)
- Uecker, Hannes; Wetzel, Daniel: Numerical results for snaking of patterns over patterns in some 2D Selkov-Schnakenberg reaction-diffusion systems (2014)
- Uecker, Hannes; Wetzel, Daniel; Rademacher, Jens D. M.: pde2path -- a Matlab package for continuation and bifurcation in 2D elliptic systems (2014)