CEDRE® is a multi-physics platform working on general unstructured meshes intended to both advance research and process industrial applications in the fields of energetics and propulsion. The system includes a graphical user interface for data entry and a set of pre and post processing utilities. The code is organized as a set of solvers, each of which can be used to handle a particular physics, which are coupled together for the computations. Here, we briefly present the solvers: reactive gas CHARME, Eulerian dispersed phase SPIREE, Lagrangian SPARTE, conduction ACACIA, FILM for studying liquid films, radiation ASTRE and REA, as well as the Peul solver. Other programs can be used to handle other physics that are not part of energetics, such as mechanics, by means of external couplings, using in particular the in-house CWIPI library. We have made several general remarks on parallelism, as performance cannot be considered independently from the computing code. The organization of development and the importance of configuration management are highlighted and stress is put on the validation process, which is of the utmost importance for qualifying the quality of results.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Le Touze, Clement; Dorey, L.-H.; Rutard, N.; Murrone, A.: A compressible two-phase flow framework for large eddy simulations of liquid-propellant rocket engines (2020)
- Moratilla-Vega, M. A.; Lackhove, K.; Janicka, J.; Xia, H.; Page, G. J.: Jet noise analysis using an efficient LES/high-order acoustic coupling method (2020)
- Nguyen, A. K.; Blond, Eric; Sayet, T.; Batakis, A.; de Bilbao, E.; Duong, M. D.: Self-organized gradient percolation method for numerical simulation of impregnation in porous media (2019)
- Sibra, A.; Dupays, J.; Murrone, A.; Laurent, F.; Massot, M.: Simulation of reactive polydisperse sprays strongly coupled to unsteady flows in solid rocket motors: efficient strategy using Eulerian multi-fluid methods (2017)
- Lavalle, G.; Vila, J.-P.; Blanchard, G.; Laurent, C.; Charru, F.: A numerical reduced model for thin liquid films sheared by a gas flow (2015)
- Le Touze, C.; Murrone, A.; Guillard, H.: Multislope MUSCL method for general unstructured meshes (2015)
- Vié, Aymeric; Doisneau, François; Massot, Marc: On the anisotropic Gaussian velocity closure for inertial-particle laden flows (2015)
- Doisneau, F.; Laurent, F.; Murrone, A.; Dupays, J.; Massot, M.: Eulerian multi-fluid models for the simulation of dynamics and coalescence of particles in solid propellant combustion (2013)
- Grenier, N.; Vila, J.-P.; Villedieu, P.: An accurate low-Mach scheme for a compressible two-fluid model applied to free-surface flows (2013)
- Haider, F.; Croisille, J.-P.; Courbet, B.: Stability analysis of the cell centered finite-volume MUSCL method on unstructured grids (2009)