The BLACS (Basic Linear Algebra Communication Subprograms) project is an ongoing investigation whose purpose is to create a linear algebra oriented message passing interface that may be implemented efficiently and uniformly across a large range of distributed memory platforms. The length of time required to implement efficient distributed memory algorithms makes it impractical to rewrite programs for every new parallel machine. The BLACS exist in order to make linear algebra applications both easier to program and more portable. It is for this reason that the BLACS are used as the communication layer of ScaLAPACK. Key ideas in the BLACS include: ...
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Wang, Shen; Li, Xiaoye S.; Xia, Jianlin; Situ, Yingchong; De Hoop, Maarten V.: Efficient scalable algorithms for solving dense linear systems with hierarchically semiseparable structures (2013)
- Denis, Christophe; Montan, Sethy: Numerical verification of industrial numerical codes (2012)
- Schauer, Marco; Roman, Jose E.; Quintana-Ortí, Enrique S.; Langer, Sabine: Parallel computation of 3-D soil-structure interaction in time domain with a coupled FEM/SBFEM approach (2012)
- Park, Ki Sun; Heister, Stephen D.: On the parallelization of unsteady BEM problems with variable mesh size (2010)
- Drummond, L.Anthony; Galiano, Vicente; Migallón, Violeta; Penadés, Jose: Interfaces for parallel numerical linear algebra libraries in high level languages (2009)
- Buttari, Alfredo; D’Ambra, Pasqua; di Serafino, Daniela; Filippone, Salvatore: 2LEV-D2P4: a package of high-performance preconditioners for scientific and engineering applications (2007)
- D’Ambra, Pasqua; di Serafino, Daniela; Filippone, Salvatore: On the development of PSBLAS-based parallel two-level Schwarz preconditioners (2007)
- Walker, J.J.Dongarras.Hammarlingd.W.: Key concepts for parallel out-of-core LU factorization (1998)
- Barrett, Richard; Berry, Michael; Dongarra, Jack; Eijkhout, Victor; Romine, Charles: Algorithmic bombardment for the iterative solution of linear systems: A poly-iterative approach (1996)
- Choi, J.; Demmel, J.; Dhillon, I.; Dongarra, J.; Ostrouchov, S.; Petitet, A.; Stanley, K.; Walker, D.; Whaley, R.C.: ScaLAPACK: A portable linear algebra library for distributed memory computers -- design issues and performance (1996)