Polenta–Polycyclic presentations for matrix groups. A refereed GAP 4 package. The Polenta package provides methods to compute polycyclic presentations of matrix groups (finite or infinite). As a by-product, this package gives some functionality to compute certain module series for modules of solvable groups. For example, if G is a rational polycyclic matrix group, then we can compute the radical series of the natural Q[G]-module Q^d.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Detinko, A. S.; Flannery, D. L.: Linear groups and computation (2019)
- Detinko, A. S.; Flannery, D. L.; O’Brien, E. A.: Algorithms for the Tits alternative and related problems. (2011)
- Detinko, A. S.; Flannery, D. L.: Algorithms for computing with nilpotent matrix groups over infinite domains. (2008)
- Assmann, Björn; Eick, Bettina: Testing polycyclicity of finitely generated rational matrix groups. (2007)
- Assmann, Björn; Eick, Bettina: Computing polycyclic presentations for polycyclic rational matrix groups. (2005)