QuillenSuslin is a Maple implementation of a constructive version of the Quillen-Suslin Theorem. It provides an algorithm which computes a basis of a free module over a polynomial ring. In terms of matrices, this algorithm completes a unimodular rectangular matrix (e.g. a unimodular row) to an invertible matrix over the given polynomial ring with rational or integer coefficients. The package was also extended with Park’s Algorithm to deal with unimodular rows over Laurent polynomial rings and with heuristic methods for localizations of polynomial rings.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Jambor, Sebastian: An $L_2$-quotient algorithm for finitely presented groups on arbitrarily many generators. (2015)
- Barwick, Brett; Stone, Branden: Computing free bases for projective modules (2013)
- Jambor, Sebastian: Computing minimal associated primes in polynomial rings over the integers (2011)
- Barakat, Mohamed; Robertz, Daniel: homalg: a meta-package for homological algebra (2008)
- Fabiańska, Anna; Quadrat, Alban: Applications of the Quillen-Suslin theorem to multidimensional systems theory (2007)