Finite difference modeling of phase changes and localization in elasticity. CHIMP is a finite difference dynamic relaxation program for solving plane-strain equilibrium problems in nonlinear elasticity. In addition to solving standard types of rubber elasticity problems, the method is useful for the study of localization and phase changes in elastic solids. It imploys a new algorithm called the pseudotemperature method for incompressible bodies. An antiplane shear version of the program is available. CHIMP is suitable for use on personal computers and lends itself readily to vectorization. This paper describes the theory behind the program and presents demonstration problems.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Taylor, M.; Shirani, M.; Dabiri, Y.; Guccione, J. M.; Steigmann, D. J.: Finite elastic wrinkling deformations of incompressible fiber-reinforced plates (2019)
- Taylor, Michael; Bertoldi, Katia; Steigmann, David J.: Spatial resolution of wrinkle patterns in thin elastic sheets at finite strain (2014)
- Edmiston, J.; Steigmann, D. J.; Johnson, G. J.; Barton, N.: A model for elastic-viscoplastic deformations of crystalline solids based on material symmetry: theory and plane-strain simulations (2013)
- Haseganu, E. M.; Steigmann, D. J.: Equilibrium analysis of finitely deformed elastic networks (1996)
- Haseganu, E. M.; Steigmann, D. J.: Analysis of partly wrinkled membranes by the method of dynamic relaxation (1994)
- Silling, S. A.: Dynamic growth of martensitic plates in an elastic material (1992)
- Silling, S. A.: Phase changes induced by deformation in isothermal elastic crystals (1989)
- Silling, S. A.: Finite difference modeling of phase changes and localization in elasticity (1988)
- Silling, S. A.: Consequences of the Maxwell relation for anti-plane shear deformations of an elastic solid (1988)
- Silling, S. A.: Numerical studies of loss of ellipticity near singularities in an elastic material (1988)
- Horgan, C. O.; Silling, S. A.: Stress concentration factors in finite anti-plane shear: Numerical calculations and analytical estimates (1987)