Peano - a Framework for Solvers on Spacetree Grids. Peano is an open source C++ solver framework. It is based upon the fact that spacetrees, a generalisation of the classical octree concept, yield a cascade of adaptive Cartesian grids. Consequently, any spacetree traversal is equivalent to an element-wise traversal of the hierarchy of the adaptive Cartesian grids. The software Peano realises such a grid traversal and storage algorithm, and it provides hook-in points for applications performing per-element, per-vertex, and so forth operations on the grid. It also provides interfaces for dynamic load balancing, sophisticated geometry representations, and other features. Some properties are enlisted below. ...
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Schornbaum, Florian; Rüde, Ulrich: Massively parallel algorithms for the lattice Boltzmann method on nonuniform grids (2016)
- Neumann, Philipp; Neckel, Tobias: A dynamic mesh refinement technique for lattice Boltzmann simulations on octree-like grids (2013)
- Bungartz, Hans-Joachim; Gatzhammer, Bernhard; Lieb, Michael; Mehl, Miriam; Neckel, Tobias: Towards multi-phase flow simulations in the PDE framework Peano (2011)
- Mehl, M.; Neckel, T.; Neumann, Ph.: Navier--Stokes and Lattice--Boltzmann on octree-like grids in the Peano framework (2011)
- Weinzierl, Tobias; Mehl, Miriam: Peano -- a traversal and storage scheme for octree-like adaptive Cartesian multiscale grids (2011)
- Bungartz, Hans-Joachim; Mehl, Miriam; Neckel, Tobias; Weinzierl, Tobias: The PDE framework Peano applied to fluid dynamics: an efficient implementation of a parallel multiscale fluid dynamics solver on octree-like adaptive Cartesian grids (2010)