wikipedia: Arena is a discrete event simulation and automation software developed by Systems Modeling and acquired by Rockwell Automation in 2000. It uses the SIMAN processor and simulation language. As of June 2012, it is in version 14 (first version with online 3D visualization tool). It has been suggested that Arena may join other Rockwell software packages under the ”FactoryTalk” brand. In Arena, the user builds an experiment model by placing modules (boxes of different shapes) that represent processes or logic. Connector lines are used to join these modules together and specifies the flow of entities. While modules have specific actions relative to entities, flow, and timing, the precise representation of each module and entity relative to real-life objects is subject to the modeler. Statistical data, such as cycle time and WIP (work in process) levels, can be recorded and outputted as reports. Arena can be integrated with Microsoft technologies. It includes Visual Basic for Applications so models can be further automated if specific algorithms are needed. It also supports importing Microsoft Visio flowcharts, as well as reading from or outputting to Excel spreadsheets and Access databases. Hosting ActiveX controls is also supported.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Elalouf, Hadas; Kaspi, Moshe; Elalouf, Amir; Halachmi, Ilan: Optimal operation policy for a sustainable recirculation aquaculture system for ornamental fish: simulation and response surface methodology (2018)
- Tian, Yong; Ye, Bojia; Sáez Estupiñá, Marc; Wan, Lili: Stochastic simulation optimization for route selection strategy based on flight delay cost (2018)
- Lucidi, Stefano; Maurici, Massimo; Paulon, Luca; Rinaldi, Francesco; Roma, Massimo: A derivative-free approach for a simulation-based optimization problem in healthcare (2016)
- Rossetti, Manuel D.: Simulation modeling and Arena (2016)
- Alrefaei, Mahmoud H.; Diabat, Ali: Modelling and optimization of outpatient appointment scheduling (2015)
- Bekker, J.; Lotz, W.: Planning formula one race strategies using discrete-event simulation (2009)
- Bolch, Gunter; Greiner, Stefan; de Meer, Hermann; Trivedi, Kishor S.: Queueing networks and Markov chains. Modeling and performance evaluation with computer science applications. (2006)
- Vamanan, Mayur; Wang, Qian; Batta, Rajan; Szczerba, Robert J.: Integration of COTS software products ARENA & CPLEX for an inventory/logistics problem. (2004)
- Anglani, A.; Grieco, A.; Pacella, M.; Tolio, T.: Object-oriented modeling and simulation of flexible manufacturing systems: a rule-based procedure (2002)