ParFUM - Parallel Framework for Unstructured Meshing. The ParFUM framework makes it easy to write adaptive parallel programs that utilize unstructured meshes. Programs can be written in Fortran90, C, or C++. ParFUM is the successor to FEM. ParFUM is designed to allow for mesh modification, including refinement and coarsening. Using the ParFUM framework also allows you to take advantage of all the features of CHARM++, including run-time instrumented load balancing, performance monitoring and visualization, and checkpoint/restart, with no additional effort. A parallel ParFUM application written using the ParFUM framework closely resembles a sequential program. The difference is that in the ParFUM framework, the user’s main subroutine operates on one of the many ”chunks” of the unstructured mesh. These chunks are created from the serial mesh using, for example, the Metis graph partitioning library.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Isaac, Tobin; Burstedde, Carsten; Wilcox, Lucas C.; Ghattas, Omar: Recursive algorithms for distributed forests of octrees (2015)
- Espinha, Rodrigo; Park, Kyoungsoo; Paulino, Glaucio H.; Celes, Waldemar: Scalable parallel dynamic fracture simulation using an extrinsic cohesive zone model (2013)
- Kuan, Chih-Kuang; Sim, Jaeheon; Shyy, Wei: Adaptive thermo-fluid moving boundary computations for interfacial dynamics (2012)
- Miller, Phil; Becker, Aaron; Kalé, Laxmikant: Using shared arrays in message-driven parallel programs (2012)
- Burstedde, Carsten; Wilcox, Lucas C.; Ghattas, Omar: p4est: scalable algorithms for parallel adaptive mesh refinement on forests of octrees (2011)
- Mistry, Perhaad; Schaa, Dana; Jang, Byunghyun; Kaeli, David; Dvornik, Albert; Meglan, Dwight: Data structures and transformations for physically based simulation on a GPU (2011)
- Park, Kyoungsoo; Paulino, Glaucio H.: Parallel computing of wave propagation in three-dimensional functionally graded media (2011)
- Dooley, Isaac; Mangala, Sandhya; Kale, Laxmikant; Geubelle, Philippe: Parallel simulations of dynamic fracture using extrinsic cohesive elements (2009)
- Espinha, Rodrigo; Celes, Waldemar; Rodriguez, Noemi; Paulino, Glaucio H.: ParTopS: compact topological framework for parallel fragmentation simulations (2009)
- Guoy, Damrong; Wilmarth, Terry; Alexander, Philipp; Jiao, Xiangmin; Campbell, Michael; Shaffer, Eric; Fiedler, Robert; Cochran, William; Suriyamongkol, Pornput: Parallel mesh adaptation for highly evolving geometries with application to solid propellant rockets (2008)
- Lawlor, Orion S.; Chakravorty, Sayantan; Wilmarth, Terry L.; Choudhury, Nilesh; Dooley, Isaac; Zheng, Gengbin; Kalé, Laxmikant V.: ParFUM: a parallel framework for unstructured meshes for scalable dynamic physics applications (2006)