Racoon: A parallel mesh-adaptive framework for hyperbolic conservation laws. We report on the development of a computational framework for the parallel, mesh-adaptive solution of systems of hyperbolic conservation laws like the time-dependent Euler equations in compressible gas dynamics or Magneto-Hydrodynamics (MHD) and similar models in plasma physics. Local mesh refinement is realized by the recursive bisection of grid blocks along each spatial dimension, implemented numerical schemes include standard finite-differences as well as shock-capturing central schemes, both in connection with Runge–Kutta type integrators. Parallel execution is achieved through a configurable hybrid of POSIX-multi-threading and MPI distribution with dynamic load balancing. One-, two- and three-dimensional test computations for the Euler equations have been carried out and show good parallel scaling behavior. The Racoon framework is currently used to study the formation of singularities in plasmas and fluids.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Isaac, Tobin; Burstedde, Carsten; Wilcox, Lucas C.; Ghattas, Omar: Recursive algorithms for distributed forests of octrees (2015)
- Nissen, Anna; Kormann, Katharina; Grandin, Magnus; Virta, Kristoffer: Stable difference methods for block-oriented adaptive grids (2015)
- Rieke, M.; Trost, T.; Grauer, R.: Coupled Vlasov and two-fluid codes on GPUs (2015)
- Müller, Joachim; Simon, Sven; Motschmann, Uwe; Schüle, Josef; Glassmeier, Karl-Heinz; Pringle, Gavin J.: A.I.K.E.F.: adaptive hybrid model for space plasma simulations (2011)
- Arnold, Lukas; Dreher, Jürgen; Grauer, Rainer: A semi-implicit Hall-MHD solver using Whistler wave preconditioning (2008)
- Beetz, Ch.; Schwarz, Ch.; Dreher, J.; Grauer, R.: Density-PDFs and Lagrangian statistics of highly compressible turbulence (2008)
- Grafke, Tobias; Homann, Holger; Dreher, Jürgen; Grauer, Rainer: Numerical simulations of possible finite time singularities in the incompressible Euler equations: Comparison of numerical methods (2008)
- Nordén, Markus; Löf, Henrik; Rantakokko, Jarmo; Holmgren, Sverker: Dynamic data migration for structured AMR solvers (2007)
- van der Holst, B.; Keppens, R.: Hybrid block-AMR in Cartesian and curvilinear coordinates: MHD applications (2007)
- Fujimoto, Keizo; Machida, Shinobu: Electromagnetic full particle code with adaptive mesh refinement technique: application to the current sheet evolution (2006)