CHAN4CAST: A Multi-Channel Multi-Region Forecasting Model and Decision Support System for Pepsico. Pepsico developed a model and decision support system called CHAN4CAST to forecast sales for consumer packaged goods. The model decomposes sales into several channels, including grocery, drug, convenience and gas, fountain and the like, decomposing sales forecasts into different channels. The model also incorporates holidays, temperature, trading day effects and new product introductions. The model’s mean percentage forecast error for the grocery channel in 2003 was -0.4%. The associated DSS allows product managers both to plan for forecast sales volumes as well as to simulate the effect of different firm and competitors’ actions on those sales. The tool includes a scorecard by account, channel and region that allows Pepsico to continually track its sales against forecast. The company estimates benefits as well over 1000% return on the model investment.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Ma, Shaohui; Fildes, Robert; Huang, Tao: Demand forecasting with high dimensional data: the case of SKU retail sales forecasting with intra- and inter-category promotional information (2016)
- Huang, Tao; Fildes, Robert; Soopramanien, Didier: The value of competitive information in forecasting FMCG retail product sales and the variable selection problem (2014) ioport
- Sana, Shib Sankar: The EOQ model -- a dynamical system (2012)
- Sana, Shib Sankar: An EOQ model of homogeneous products while demand is salesmen’s initiatives and stock sensitive (2011)
- Sana, Shib Sankar: An EOQ model for salesmen’s initiatives, stock and price sensitive demand of similar products - a dynamical system (2011)
- Fildes, R.; Nikolopoulos, K.; Crone, S.F.; Syntetos, A.A.: Forecasting and operational research: a review (2008)