Giotto: A Time-Triggered Language for Embedded Programming. Giotto provides an abstract programmer’s model for the implementation of embedded control systems with hard real-time constraints. A typical control application consists of periodic software tasks together with a mode switching logic for enabling and disabling tasks. Giotto specifies time-triggered sensor readings, task invocations, and mode switches independent of any implementation platform. Giotto can be annotated with platform constraints such as task-to-host mappings, and task and communication schedules. The annotations are directives for the Giotto compiler, but they do not alter the functionality and timing of a Giotto program. By separating the platform-independent from the platform-dependent concerns, Giotto enables a great deal of flexibility in choosing control platforms as well as a great deal of automation in the validation and synthesis of control software. The time-triggered nature of Giotto achieves timing predictability, which makes Giotto particularly suitable for safety-critical applications.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Sankur, Ocan; Bouyer, Patricia; Markey, Nicolas: Shrinking timed automata (2014)
- Ghosal, Arkadeb; Iercan, Daniel; Kirsch, Christoph M.; Henzinger, Thomas A.; Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Alberto: Separate compilation of hierarchical real-time programs into linear-bounded embedded machine code (2012)
- Wang, Dong; Abdelzaher, Tarek; Priyantha, Bodhi; Liu, Jie; Zhao, Feng: Energy-optimal batching periods for asynchronous multistage data processing on sensor nodes: foundations and an mPlatform case study (2012)
- Chandy, K.Mani; Go, Brian; Mitra, Sayan; Pilotto, Concetta; White, Jerome: Verification of distributed systems with local-global predicates (2011)
- Pagetti, Claire; Forget, Julien; Boniol, Frédéric; Cordovilla, Mikel; Lesens, David: Multi-task implementation of multi-periodic synchronous programs (2011)
- Rysavy, Ondrej; Rab, Jaroslav: A formal model of composing components: the TLA$^+$ approach (2009)
- Alur, Rajeev; Chandrashekharapuram, Arun: Dispatch sequences for embedded control models (2007)
- Madl, Gabor; Abdelwahed, Sherif; Schmidt, Douglas C.: Verifying distributed real-time properties of embedded systems via graph transformations and model checking (2006)
- Altisen, Karine; Tripakis, Stavros: Implementation of timed automata: An issue of semantics or modeling? (2005)
- Stieglbauer, Gerald; Werner, Andreas: Modellierung von deterministischer Software in Simulink (2005)
- Sha, Lui; Abdelzaher, Tarek; Årzén, Karl-Erik; Cervin, Anton; Baker, Theodore; Burns, Alan; Buttazzo, Giorgio; Caccamo, Marco; Lehoczky, John; Mok, Aloysius K.: Real time scheduling theory: A historical perspective (2004)
- Henzinger, Thomas A.; Horowitz, Benjamin; Meyer Kirsch, Christoph: Giotto: A time-triggered language for embedded programming (2001)