Life: Overview of a Unified C++ Implementation of the Finite and Spectral Element Methods in 1D, 2D and 3D. This article presents an overview of a unified framework for finite element and spectral element methods in 1D, 2D and 3D in C++ called Life. The objectives of this framework are quite ambitious and could be expressed in various ways: (i) the creation of a versatile mathematical kernel allowing for easily solving problems using different techniques thus allowing testing and comparing methods, e.g. cG versus dG, (ii) the creation of a small and manageable library which shall nevertheless encompass a wide range of numerical methods and techniques, and (iii) build mathematical software that follows closely the mathematical abstractions associated with the partial differential equations to be solved.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Caldini-Queiros, Céline; Chabannes, Vincent; Ismail, Mourad; Pena, Goncalo; Prud’homme, Christophe; Szopos, Marcela; Tarabay, Ranine: Towards large-scale three-dimensional blood flow simulations in realistic geometries (2013)
- Samake, A.; Bertoluzza, S.; Pennacchio, M.; Prud’homme, C.; Zaza, C.: A parallel implementation of the mortar element method in 2D and 3D (2013)
- Doyeux, Vincent; Chabannes, Vincent; Prud’Homme, Christophe; Ismail, Mourad: Simulation of vesicle using level set method solved by high order finite element (2012)
- Pena, Gonçalo; Prud’homme, Christophe; Quarteroni, Alfio: High order methods for the approximation of the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations in a moving domain (2012)
- Burman, Erik; Quarteroni, Alfio; Stamm, Benjamin: Interior penalty continuous and discontinuous finite element approximations of hyperbolic equations (2010)
- Logg, Anders; Wells, Garth N.: DOLFIN: automated finite element computing (2010)
- Pena, Gonçalo; Prud’homme, Christophe: Construction of a high order fluid-structure interaction solver (2010)
- Stamm, Benjamin; Wihler, Thomas P.: $hp$-optimal discontinuous Galerkin methods for linear elliptic problems (2010)
- Burman, E.; Stamm, B.: Local discontinuous Galerkin method with reduced stabilization for diffusion equations (2009)