Status of the EPIC Codes, Material Characterization and New Computing Concepts at Honeywell. This paper presents the status of various aspects of computational penetration mechanics at Honeywell. The discussion includes references to previous work and a description of the work currently in progress. The status of the EPIC-2 and EPIC-3 computer codes for penetration computations is presented. The material characterization work considers both strength and fracture models. Large strain, high strain rate torsion data for a wide range of materials have been obtained for use with these models. A new computing concept has been developed, called the NABOR code, which involves a “nearest neighbor” Lagrangian formulation. This approach allows nodal connectivity to change as a solution Progresses, thus allowing very severe distortions to be attained without “tangling” the Lagrangian grid.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Einkemmer, Lukas; Tokman, Mayya; Loffeld, John: On the performance of exponential integrators for problems in magnetohydrodynamics (2017)
- Feng, D. L.; Liu, M. B.; Li, H. Q.; Liu, G. R.: Smoothed particle hydrodynamics modeling of linear shaped charge with jet formation and penetration effects (2013)
- Liu, G. R.; Liu, M. B.: Smoothed particle hydrodynamics. A meshfree particle method. (2003)
- Beissel, Stephen R.; Johnson, Gordon R.: Large-deformation triangular and tetrahedral element formulations for unstructured meshes (2000)
- Johnson, G. R.; Beissel, S. R.; Stryk, R. A.: A generalized particle algorithm for high velocity impact computations (2000)
- Johnson, Gordon R.; Stryk, Robert A.; Beissel, Stephen R.: SPH for high velocity impact computations (1996)
- Anderson, Ch. E. jun.; Cox, P. A.; Johnson, G. R.; Maudlin, P. J.: A constitutive formulation for anisotropic materials suitable for wave propagation computer programs. II (1994)
- Daripa, Prabir; Glimm, James; Lindquist, Brent; McBryan, Oliver: Polymer floods: A case study of nonlinear wave analysis and of instability control in tertiary oil recovery (1988)
- Belytschko, Ted; Lin, Jerry I.: A three-dimensional impact-penetration algorithm with erosion (1987)
- Johnson, Gordon R.; Stryk, Robert A.; Dodd, Jack G.: Dynamic Lagrangian computations for solids, with variable nodal connectivity for severe distortions (1986)
- Johnson, Gordon R.: Dynamic plane stress computations for large plastic deformations (1985)
- Goudreau, G. L.; Hallquist, J. O.: Recent developments in large-scale finite element Lagrangian hydrocode technology (1982)