Udam: A powerful finite element software for the analysis of unsaturated porous media. In this paper, a brief review of the basic points of the infinitesimal deformation theory of unsaturated porous media is presented, including the main modifications due to nonlinear and suction-dependent behaviour. Spatial discretization of the field equations carried out by the finite element method and the dynamic integration in time domain are described, as well as the required formulae. The developed graphic software for the pre- and postprocessing steps of the finite element analysis runs on personal computers and it is also described. An illustrative numerical example of an earth dam analysis is presented and discussed.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Maghoul, P.; Gatmiri, B.; Duhamel, D.: Wave propagation in unsaturated poroelastic media: boundary integral formulation and three-dimensional fundamental solution (2011)
- Gatmiri, Behrouz; Maghoul, Pooneh; Duhamel, Denis: Two-dimensional transient thermo-hydro-mechanical fundamental solutions of multiphase porous media in frequency and time domains (2010)
- Maghoul, Pooneh; Gatmiri, Behrouz; Duhamel, Denis: Three-dimensional transient thermo-hydro-mechanical fundamental solutions of unsaturated soils (2010)
- Jabbari, Ehsan; Gatmiri, Behrouz: Thermo-poro-elastostatic Green’s functions for unsaturated soils (2007)
- Gatmiri, B.; Delage, P.; Cerrolaza, M.: UDAM: a powerful finite element software for the analysis of unsaturated porous media. (1998)