Fast-dm: A free program for efficient diffusion model analysis. In the present article, a flexible and fast computer program, calledfast-dm, for diffusion model data analysis is introduced. Fast-dm is free software that can be downloaded from the authors’ websites. The program allows estimating all parameters of Ratcliff ’s (1978) diffusion model from the empirical response time distributions of any binary classification task. Fast-dm is easy to use: it reads input data from simple text files, while program settings are specified by command0s in a control file. With fast-dm, complex models can be fitted, where some parameters may vary between experimental conditions, while other parameters are constrained to be equal across conditions. Detailed directions for use of fast-dm are presented, as well as results from three short simulation studies exemplifying the utility of fast-dm.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Blurton, Steven P.; Kesselmeier, Miriam; Gondan, Matthias: The first-passage time distribution for the diffusion model with variable drift (2017)
- Schubert, Anna-Lena; Hagemann, Dirk; Voss, Andreas; Bergmann, Katharina: Evaluating the model fit of diffusion models with the root mean square error of approximation (2017)
- Ratcliff, Roger; Thompson, Clarissa A.; McKoon, Gail: Modeling individual differences in response time and accuracy in numeracy (2015) MathEduc
- Donkin, Chris; Brown, Scott; Heathcote, Andrew: Drawing conclusions from choice response time models: a tutorial using the linear ballistic accumulator (2011)
- White, Corey N.; Ratcliff, Roger; Vasey, Michael W.; McKoon, Gail: Using diffusion models to understand clinical disorders (2010)
- Voss, Andreas; Voss, Jochen: A fast numerical algorithm for the estimation of diffusion model parameters (2008)