DESIRE: Diagonally extended singly implicit Runge-Kutta effective order methods. In the last approximatly 20 years many classes of singly-implicit Runge-Kutta methods (SIRK) have been developed. More general classes are the so-called “diagonally extended singly implicit” (DESI) methods. A generalization in a different direction are the effective SIRK methods (ESIRK). The new generalization, which is the subject of this paper, includes all the above-mentioned classes and is denoted by the acronym DESIRE (diagonally extended singly-implicit Runge-Kutta effective order methods). The idea is to combine the use of additional diagonally-implicit stages with a relaxation of the order conditions in the effective order.par Even though a full implementation of DESIRE methods is not yet available, the authors believe that they are very promising alternatives to standard methods for solving stiff equations. Some preliminary numerical results for the new methods are presented in the article.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Ahmad, Junaid; Habib, Yousaf; Shafiq, Saba; Rehman, Shafiq Ur: Effective order of partitioned Runge-Kutta methods (2020)
- Ebadi, Moosa: New class of hybrid BDF methods for the computation of numerical solutions of IVPs (2018)
- Chen, D. J. L.: The efficiency of singly-implicit Runge-Kutta methods for stiff differential equations (2014)
- Ebadi, Moosa; Gokhale, M. Y.: Solving nonlinear parabolic PDEs via extended hybrid BDF methods (2014)
- Ebadi, M.; Gokhale, M. Y.: Class 2 + 1 hybrid BDF-like methods for the numerical solutions of ordinary differential equations (2011)
- Ebadi, Moosa; Gokhale, M. Y.: Hybrid BDF methods for the numerical solutions of ordinary differential equations (2010)
- Mancuso, Massimo; Ubertini, Francesco: The Nørsett time integration methodology for finite element transient analysis (2002)
- Schatzman, Michelle: Toward non commutative numerical analysis: High order integration in time (2002)
- Wright, W. M.: Explicit general linear methods with inherent Runge--Kutta stability (2002)
- Butcher, J. C.; Chartier, P.: The effective order of singly-implicit Runge-Kutta methods (1999)
- Butcher, J. C.: Order and effective order (1998)
- Butcher, J. C.; Diamantakis, M. T.: DESIRE: Diagonally extended singly implicit Runge-Kutta effective order methods (1998)