FINESSE: Axisymmetric MHD equilibria with flow. The FINESSE code (finite element solver for stationary equilibria) computes axisymmetric magnetohydrodynamic equilibria in poloidal elliptic flow regimes for a variety of astrophysical and laboratory plasma configurations. The obtained equilibria are accurate and are used to study the spectral characteristics of such flowing equilibria. The nonlinear partial differential equation for the poloidal magnetic flux is solved in a weak form via Picard iteration, resulting in a large-scale linear problem. The algebraic Bernoulli equation for the poloidal Alfvén Mach number is solved with a nonlinear root finder. Converged solutions are obtained by iterating on these two equations.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Kraußhar, Rolf Sören: Applications of the quaternionic calculus to the convective stationary MHD equations in $\mathbbR^3$ (2014)
- Haverkort, J.W.; de Blank, H.J.; Koren, B.: The Brunt-Väisälä frequency of rotating tokamak plasmas (2012)
- Ferraro, N.M.; Jardin, S.C.: Calculations of two-fluid magnetohydrodynamic axisymmetric steady-states (2009)
- Blokland, J.W.S.; van der Holst, B.; Keppens, R.; Goedbloed, J.P.: PHOENIX: MHD spectral code for rotating laboratory and gravitating astrophysical plasmas (2007)
- Belien, A. J. C.; Botchev, M. A.; Goedbloed, J. P.; van der Holst, B.; Keppens, R.: New numerical tools to study waves and instabilities of flowing plasmas (2002)
- Beliën, A.J.C.; Botchev, M.A.; Goedbloed, J.P.; van der Holst, B.; Keppens, R.: FINESSE: Axisymmetric MHD equilibria with flow (2002)