Dealing with compositional data: the freeware coDaPack. The statistical analysis of compositional data based on logratios of parts is commonly used in geological studies. In particular, descriptive methods of reduction of dimensionality as the biplot or Principal Component Analysis are very useful tools in a multivariate context. These methods are difficult to use correctly with compositional data in standard packages. In this paper we describe a freeware package, named CoDaPack, which implements most of the basic statistical methods suitable for compositional data. An example using real data is presented to illustrate the use of the package.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Ros-Freixedes, Roger; Estany, Joan: On the compositional analysis of fatty acids in pork (2014)
- Rodrigues, Paulo C.; Lima, Ana T.: Analysis of a European Union election using principal component analysis (2009)
- Buccianti, A. (ed.); Mateu-Figueras, G. (ed.); Pawlowsky-Glahn, V. (ed.): Compositional data analysis in the geosciences: from theory to practice (2006)
- Thió-Henestrosa, S.; Martín-Fernández, Martín: Detailed guide to CoDaPack: a freeware compositional software (2006)
- Thió-Henestrosa, S.; Martín-Fernández, J.A.: Dealing with compositional data: the freeware coDaPack (2005)