Columbus - reverse engineering tool and schema for C++. One of the most critical issues in large-scale software development and maintenance is the rapidly growing size and complexity of software systems. As a result of this rapid growth there is a need to better understand the relationships between the different parts of a large software system. In this paper we present a reverse engineering framework called Columbus that is able to analyze large C++ projects, and a schema for C++ that prescribes the form of the extracted data. The flexible architecture of the Columbus system with a powerful C++ analyzer and schema makes it a versatile and readily extendible toolset for reverse engineering. This tool is free for scientific and educational purposes and we fervently hope that it will assist academic persons in any research work related to C++ re- and reverse engineering.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Tóth, Gabriella; Végh, Ádám Zoltán; Beszédes, Árpád; Schrettner, Lajos; Gergely, Tamás; Gyimóthy, Tibor: Adjusting effort estimation using micro-productivity profiles (2013) ioport
- Wang, Yuxin; Guo, He; Liu, Hongbo; Abraham, Ajith: A fuzzy matching approach for design pattern mining (2012)
- Fontana, Francesca Arcelli; Zanoni, Marco: A tool for design pattern detection and software architecture reconstruction (2011) ioport
- Kienle, Holger M.; Müller, Hausi A.: Rigi-an environment for software reverse engineering, exploration, visualization, and redocumentation (2010)
- Pohl, Daniela; Bollin, Andreas: Concept management: identification and storage of concepts in the focus of formal Z specifications (2010)
- Fülöp, L.J.; Ilia, Árpad; Végh, Ádam Zoltan; Hegedűs, Peter; Ferenc, R.: Comparing and evaluating design pattern miner tools (2009)
- Vidács, László; Beszédes, Árpád; Gyimóthy, Tibor: Combining preprocessor slicing with C/C++ language slicing (2009)
- Poshyvanyk, Denys; Marcus, Andrian; Ferenc, Rudolf; Gyimóthy, Tibor: Using information retrieval based coupling measures for impact analysis (2008) ioport
- Jarzabek, Stanislaw: Effective software maintenance and evolution. A reuse-based approach. (2007)
- Kraft, Nicholas A.; Malloy, Brian A.; Power, James F.: A tool chain for reverse engineering C++ applications (2007)
- Rudolf, Ferenc; Gustafsson, Juha; Müller, László; Paakki, Jukka: Recognizing design patterns in C++ programs with the integration of Columbus and Maisa (2002)