SYNTHESIS: A Tool for Automatically Assembling Correct and Distributed Component-Based Systems. SYNTHESIS is a tool for automatically assembling correct and distributed component-based systems. In our context, a system is correct when it is deadlock-free and performs only specified component interactions. In order to automatically synthesize the correct composition code, SYNTHESIS takes as input an high-level behavioural description for each component that must form the system to be built and a specification of the component interactions that must be enforced in the system. The automatically derived composition code is implemented as a set of distributed component wrappers that cooperatively interact with each other and with their wrapped components in order to prevent possible deadlocks and make the composed system exhibit only the specified interactions. The current version of SYNTHESIS supports two possible development platforms: Microsoft COM/DCOM, and EJB (Enterprise Java Beans).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Canal, Carlos; Cámara, Javier; Salaün, Gwen: Structural reconfiguration of systems under behavioral adaptation (2012)
- Cheng, Chih-Hong; Bensalem, Saddek; Chen, Yu-Fang; Yan, Rongjie; Jobstmann, Barbara; Ruess, Harald; Buckl, Christian; Knoll, Alois: Algorithms for synthesizing priorities in component-based systems (2011)
- Emerson, E. Allen; Samanta, Roopsha: An algorithmic framework for synthesis of concurrent programs (2011)
- Ramos, Rodrigo; Sampaio, Augusto; Mota, Alexandre: Conformance notions for the coordination of interaction components (2010)
- Martín, José Antonio; Pimentel, Ernesto: Dinapter: automatic adapter specification for software composition (2009)
- Martín, José Antonio; Pimentel, Ernesto: Automatic generation of adaptation contracts (2009)
- Bravetti, Mario; Zavattaro, Gianluigi: A foundational theory of contracts for multi-party service composition (2008)
- Tivoli, Massimo; Inverardi, Paola: Failure-free coordinators synthesis for component-based architectures (2008)