KLEIN: A New Family of Lightweight Block Ciphers. Resource-efficient cryptographic primitives are essential for realizing both security and efficiency in embedded systems like RFID tags and sensor nodes. Among those primitives, lightweight block cipher plays a major role as a building block for security protocols. In this paper, we describe a new family of lightweight block ciphers named KLEIN, which is designed for resource-constrained devices such as wireless sensors and RFID tags. Compared to related proposals, KLEIN has advantage in the software performance on legacy sensor platforms, while its hardware implementation can be compact as well.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Dubrova, Elena; Hell, Martin: Espresso: a stream cipher for 5G wireless communication systems (2017)
- Hao, Yonglin; Meier, Willi: Truncated differential based known-key attacks on round-reduced SIMON (2017)
- Banik, Subhadeep; Bogdanov, Andrey; Regazzoni, Francesco: Atomic-AES: a compact implementation of the AES encryption/decryption core (2016)
- Karakoç, F.; Demirci, H.; Harmancı, A.E.: AKF: a key alternating Feistel scheme for lightweight cipher designs (2015)
- Lallemand, Virginie; Naya-Plasencia, María: Cryptanalysis of full sprout (2015)
- Nikolić, Ivica; Wang, Lei; Wu, Shuang: The parallel-cut meet-in-the-middle attack (2015)
- Suzaki, Tomoyasu; Minematsu, Kazuhiko; Morioka, Sumio; Kobayashi, Eita: TWINE: a lightweight block cipher for multiple platforms (2013)
- Gong, Zheng; Nikova, Svetla; Law, Yee Wei: KLEIN: a new family of lightweight block ciphers (2012) ioport
- Minier, Marine; Naya-Plasencia, María: A related key impossible differential attack against 22 rounds of the lightweight block cipher LBlock (2012)
- Yu, Xiaoli; Wu, Wenling; Li, Yanjun; Zhang, Lei: Cryptanalysis of reduced-round KLEIN block cipher (2012)
- Aumasson, Jean-Philippe; Naya-Plasencia, María; Saarinen, Markku-Juhani O.: Practical attack on 8 rounds of the lightweight block cipher KLEIN (2011)