ada: An R Package for Stochastic Boosting. Boosting is an iterative algorithm that combines simple classification rules with ”mediocre” performance in terms of misclassification error rate to produce a highly accurate classification rule. Stochastic gradient boosting provides an enhancement which incorporates a random mechanism at each boosting step showing an improvement in performance and speed in generating the ensemble. ada is an R package that implements three popular variants of boosting, together with a version of stochastic gradient boosting. In addition, useful plots for data analytic purposes are provided along with an extension to the multi-class case. The algorithms are illustrated with synthetic and real data sets.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Kang, Chaeryon; Janes, Holly; Huang, Ying: Combining biomarkers to optimize patient treatment recommendations (2014)
- Larese, Mónica G.; Granitto, Pablo M.; Gómez, Juan C.: Spot defects detection in cDNA microarray images (2013) ioport
- Williams, Graham: Data Mining with Rattle and R. The art of excavating data for knowledge discovery. (2011)
- Kriegler, Brian; Berk, Richard: Small area estimation of the homeless in Los Angeles: an application of cost-sensitive stochastic gradient boosting (2010)
- Adler, Werner; Lausen, Berthold: Bootstrap estimated true and false positive rates and ROC curve (2009)