WASP: a native ASP solver based on constraint learning. This paper introduces WASP, an ASP solver handling disjunctive logic programs under the stable model semantics. WASP implements techniques originally introduced for SAT solving that have been extended to cope with ASP programs. Among them are restarts, conflict-driven constraint learning and backjumping. Moreover, WASP combines these SAT-based techniques with optimization methods that have been specifically designed for ASP computation, such as source pointers enhancing unfounded-sets computation, forward and backward inference operators based on atom support, and techniques for stable model checking. Concerning the branching heuristics, WASP adopts the BerkMin criterion hybridized with look-ahead techniques. The paper also reports on the results of experiments, in which WASP has been run on the system track of the third ASP Competition.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Bichler, Manuel; Morak, Michael; Woltran, Stefan: Lpopt: A rule optimization tool for answer set programming (2017)
- Lefèvre, Claire; Béatrix, Christopher; Stéphan, Igor; Garcia, Laurent: ASPeRiX, a first-order forward chaining approach for answer set computing (2017)
- Lierler, Yuliya: What is answer set programming to propositional satisfiability (2017)
- Alviano, Mario; Dodaro, Carmine: Anytime answer set optimization via unsatisfiable core shrinking (2016)
- Brochenin, Remi; Maratea, Marco; Lierler, Yuliya: Disjunctive answer set solvers via templates (2016)
- Calimeri, Francesco; Gebser, Martin; Maratea, Marco; Ricca, Francesco: Design and results of the Fifth Answer Set Programming Competition (2016)
- Alviano, Mario; Leone, Nicola: Complexity and compilation of GZ-aggregates in answer set programming (2015)
- Alviano, Mario; Peñaloza, Rafael: Fuzzy answer set computation via satisfiability modulo theories (2015)
- Alviano, Mario; Calimeri, Francesco; Charwat, Günther; Dao-Tran, Minh; Dodaro, Carmine; Ianni, Giovambattista; Krennwallner, Thomas; Kronegger, Martin; Oetsch, Johannes; Pfandler, Andreas; Pührer, Jörg; Redl, Christoph; Ricca, Francesco; Schneider, Patrik; Schwengerer, Martin; Spendier, Lara Katharina; Wallner, Johannes Peter; Xiao, Guohui: The fourth answer set programming competition: preliminary report (2013)
- Alviano, Mario; Dodaro, Carmine; Faber, Wolfgang; Leone, Nicola; Ricca, Francesco: WASP: a native ASP solver based on constraint learning (2013)