Analyzing mathematical programs using MProbe. Just as modern general-purpose programming languages (e.g., C++, Java) are supported by a suite of tools (debuggers, profilers, etc.), mathematic programming languages need supporting tools. MProbe is an example of a suite of tools supporting a mathematical programming language, in this case AMPL. MProbe includes tools for empirically estimating the shape of nonlinear functions of many variables, nonlinearly-constrained region shape, the effect of the objective shape on the ability to find a global optimum, tools for estimating the effectiveness of constraints and for navigating through the model, among others.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Ahmadi, Amir Ali; Hall, Georgina: On the complexity of detecting convexity over a box (2020)
- Ceccon, Francesco; Siirola, John D.; Misener, Ruth: SUSPECT: MINLP special structure detector for pyomo (2020)
- Khajavirad, Aida; Sahinidis, Nikolaos V.: A hybrid LP/NLP paradigm for global optimization relaxations (2018)
- Fourer, Robert; Maheshwari, Chandrakant; Neumaier, Arnold; Orban, Dominique; Schichl, Hermann: Convexity and concavity detection in computational graphs: tree walks for convexity assessment (2010)
- Fourer, Robert; Orban, Dominique: DrAmpl: A meta solver for optimization problem analysis (2010)
- Ross, Andrew M.: Computing bounds on the expected maximum of correlated normal variables (2010)
- Chinneck, John W.: Feasibility and infeasibility in optimization. Algorithms and computational methods. (2008)
- Grant, Michael; Boyd, Stephen; Ye, Yinyu: Disciplined convex programming (2006)
- Chinneck, John W.: The constraint consensus method for finding approximately feasible points in nonlinear programs (2004)
- Dominguez-Ballesteros, B.; Mitra, G.; Lucas, C.; Koutsoukis, N.-S.: Modelling and solving environments for mathematical programming (MP): a status review and new directions (2002)
- Chinneck, John W.: Analyzing mathematical programs using MProbe (2001)