QUCON: A fast Krylov–Newton code for dipole quantum control problems . A computer package (QUCON) is presented aimed at the solution of dipole quantum optimal control problems. This MATLAB package is based on a recently developed computational strategy based on a globalized reduced Hessian Krylov–Newton scheme and a discretize-before-optimize approach. To discretize the governing Schrödinger model a norm-preserving modified Crank–Nicolson scheme is used. The discretize-before-optimize criteria allows the formulation of accurate gradients and a symmetric Hessian. Robustness of the resulting Newton approach is guaranteed using a robust linesearch procedure. Results of experiments demonstrate that the QUCON code is able to provide fast and accurate controls for high-energy state transitions.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Delben, G.J.; da Luz, M.G.E.: General tracking control of arbitrary $N$-level quantum systems using piecewise time-independent potentials (2016)
- von Winckel, Gregory: A globalized Newton method for the optimal control of fermionic systems (2013)
- Borzì, Alfio: Quantum optimal control using the adjoint method (2012)
- Borzì, Alfio; Schulz, Volker: Computational optimization of systems governed by partial differential equations (2012)
- von Winckel, G.; Borzì, A.: QUCON: a fast Krylov-Newton code for dipole quantum control problems (2010)