A marching-on in time meshless kernel based solver for full-wave electromagnetic simulation. A meshless particle method based on an unconditionally stable time domain numerical scheme, oriented to electromagnetic transient simulations, is presented. The proposed scheme improves the smoothed particle electromagnetics method, already developed by the authors. The time stepping is approached by using the alternating directions implicit finite difference scheme, in a leapfrog way. The proposed formulation is used in order to efficiently overcome the stability relation constraint of explicit schemes. In fact, due to this constraint, large time steps cannot be used with small space steps and vice-versa. The same stability relation holds when the meshless formulation is applied together with an explicit finite difference scheme accounted for the time stepping. The computational tool is assessed and first simulation results are compared and discussed in order to validate the proposed approach.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Francomano, Elisa; Ala, Guido; Paliaga, Marta: Improved fast Gauss transform for meshfree electromagnetic transients simulations (2019)
- Francomano, Elisa; Paliaga, Marta: The smoothed particle hydrodynamics method via residual iteration (2019)
- Francomano, E.; Paliaga, M.: Highlighting numerical insights of an efficient SPH method (2018)
- Shaterian, Zahra; Kaufmann, Thomas; Fumeaux, Christophe: Time-domain vector potential technique for the meshless radial point interpolation method (2015)
- Ala, Guido; Di Paola, Mario; Francomano, Elisa; Li, Yan; Pinnola, Francesco P.: Electrical analogous in viscoelasticity (2014)
- Hidayat, Mas Irfan P.; Wahjoedi, Bambang A.; Parman, Setyamartana; Megat Yusoff, Puteri S. M.: Meshless local B-spline-FD method and its application for 2D heat conduction problems with spatially varying thermal conductivity (2014)
- Ala, Guido; Francomano, Elisa: A marching-on in time meshless kernel based solver for full-wave electromagnetic simulation (2013)