Automatic Symmetry Reduction for the SPIN Model Checker. TopSPIN is an automatic symmetry reduction tool for the SPIN model checker. TopSPIN is applied to a Promela specification, and, provided that the specification adheres to some restrictions (detailed in the user manual), uses computational group theory to automatically determine a group of component symmetries associated with the specification. The tool automatically modifies the model checking algorithm employed by SPIN to exploit these symmetries during verification. This can result in significantly reduced memory consumption, and in many cases also in faster verification time.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Basler, Gérard; Mazzucchi, Michele; Wahl, Thomas; Kroening, Daniel: Context-aware counter abstraction (2010)
- Jaghoori, Mohammad Mahdi; Sirjani, Marjan; Mousavi, Mohammad Reza; Khamespanah, Ehsan; Movaghar, Ali: Symmetry and partial order reduction techniques in model checking Rebeca (2010)
- Leuschel, Michael; Massart, Thierry: Efficient approximate verification of B and Z models via symmetry markers (2010)
- Wahl, Thomas; D’Silva, Vijay: A lazy approach to symmetry reduction (2010)
- Donaldson, Alastair F.: Vector symmetry reduction (2009)
- Donaldson, Alastair F.; Miller, Alice: On the constructive orbit problem (2009)
- Donaldson, Alastair F.; Miller, Alice: Automatic symmetry detection for Promela (2008)
- Yang, F.; Culberson, J.; Holte, R.; Zahavi, U.; Felner, A.: A general theory of additive state space abstractions (2008)
- Bošnački, Dragan; Donaldson, Alastair F.; Leuschel, Michael; Massart, Thierry: Efficient approximate verification of Promela models via symmetry markers (2007)
- Donaldson, Alastair F.; Miller, Alice: Extending symmetry reduction techniques to a realistic model of computation (2007)
- Donaldson, Alastair F.; Miller, Alice: A computational group theoretic symmetry reduction package for the SPIN model checker (2006)
- Donaldson, Alastair F.; Miller, Alice: Exact and approximate strategies for symmetry reduction in model checking (2006)