The PROMPT suite: interactive tools for ontology merging and mapping. Researchers in the ontology-design field have developed the content for ontologies in many domain areas. This distributed nature of ontology development has led to a large number of ontologies covering overlapping domains. In order for these ontologies to be reused, they first need to be merged or aligned to one another. We developed a suite of tools for managing multiple ontologies. These suite provides users with a uniform framework for comparing, aligning, and merging ontologies, maintaining versions, translating between different formalisms. Two of the tools in the suite support semi-automatic ontology merging: iPrompt is an interactive ontology-merging tool that guides the user through the merging process, presenting him with suggestions for next steps and identifying inconsistencies and potential problems. AnchorPrompt uses a graph structure of ontologies to find correlation between concepts and to provide additional information for iPrompt.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Albagli, Sivan; Ben-Eliyahu-Zohary, Rachel; Shimony, Solomon E.: Markov network based ontology matching (2012)
- Evermann, Joerg: Theories of meaning in schema matching: an exploratory study (2009)
- Fernández-Breis, Jesualdo Tomás; Castellanos-Nieves, Dagoberto; Valencia-García, Rafael: Measuring individual learning performance in group work from a knowledge integration perspective (2009)
- Cheng, Chin Pang; Lau, Gloria T.; Law, Kincho H.; Pan, Jiayi; Jones, Albert: Regulation retrieval using industry specific taxonomies. (2008)
- Kim, Wooju; Choi, Dae Woo; Park, Sangun: Agent based intelligent search framework for product information using ontology mapping (2008)
- Noy, Natalya F.; Musen, Mark A.: The PROMPT suite: Interactive tools for ontology merging and mapping. (2003)