Anchor-PROMPT: using non-local context for semantic Matching. Researchers in the ontology-design field have developed the content for ontologies in many domain areas. Recently, ontologies have become increasingly common on the WorldWide Web where they provide semantics for annotations in Web pages. This distributed nature of ontology development has led to a large number of ontologies covering overlapping domains, which researchers now need to merge or align to one another. The processes of ontology alignment and merging are usually handled manually and often constitute a large and tedious portion of the sharing process. We have developed and implemented Anchor-PROMPT---an algorithm that finds semantically similar terms automatically. Anchor-PROMPT takes as input a set of anchors---pairs of related terms defined by the user or automatically identified by lexical matching. AnchorPROMPT treats an ontology as a graph with classes as nodes and slots as links. The algorithm analyzes the paths in the subgraph limited by the anchors and determines which classes frequently appear in similar positions on similar paths. These classes are likely to represent semantically similar concepts. Our experiments show that when we use Anchor-PROMPT with ontologies developed independently by different groups of researchers, 75% of its results are correct.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Truong, Hai Bang; Duong, Trong Hai; Nguyen, Ngoc Thanh: A hybrid method for fuzzy ontology integration (2013)
- Albagli, Sivan; Ben-Eliyahu-Zohary, Rachel; Shimony, Solomon E.: Markov network based ontology matching (2012)
- Bock, Jürgen; Hettenhausen, Jan: Discrete particle swarm optimisation for ontology alignment (2012) ioport
- Duong, Trong Hai; Nguyen, Ngoc Thanh; Jo, Geun Sik: A hybrid method for integrating multiple ontologies (2009)
- Evermann, Joerg: Theories of meaning in schema matching: an exploratory study (2009) ioport
- Lambrix, Patrick; Tan, He: A tool for evaluating ontology alignment strategies (2007)
- Strassner, John; O’Sullivan, Declan; Lewis, David: Ontologies in the engineering of management and autonomic systems: A reality check (2007) ioport
- Lee, Yoonkyong; Sayyadian, Mayssam; Doan, AnHai; Rosenthal, Arnon S.: eTuner: tuning schema matching software using synthetic scenarios (2006) ioport