MicroEliece: McEliece for embedded devices. Most advanced security systems rely on public-key schemes based either on the factorization or the discrete logarithm problem. Since both problems are known to be closely related, a major breakthrough in cryptanalysis tackling one of those problems could render a large set of cryptosystems completely useless. The McEliece public-key scheme is based on the alternative security assumption that decoding unknown linear binary codes is NP-complete. In this work, we investigate the efficient implementation of the McEliece scheme on embedded systems what was -- up to date -- considered a challenge due to the required storage of its large keys. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that the McEliece encryption scheme is implemented on a low-cost 8-bit AVR microprocessor and a Xilinx Spartan-3AN FPGA.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Deundyak, Vladimir Mikhaĭlovich; Kosolapov, Yuriĭ Vladimirovich: On the Berger-Loidreau cryptosystem on the tensor product of codes (2018)
- Márquez-Corbella, Irene; Martínez-Moro, Edgar; Pellikaan, Ruud; Ruano, Diego: Computational aspects of retrieving a representation of an algebraic geometry code (2014)
- Heyse, Stefan; von Maurich, Ingo; Güneysu, Tim: Smaller keys for code-based cryptography: QC-MDPC McEliece implementations on embedded devices (2013)
- Cayrel, Pierre-Louis; Hoffmann, Gerhard; Persichetti, Edoardo: Efficient implementation of a CCA2-secure variant of McEliece using generalized Srivastava codes (2012)
- Heyse, Stefan: Implementation of McEliece based on quasi-dyadic Goppa codes for embedded devices (2011)
- Heyse, Stefan: Low-Reiter: Niederreiter encryption scheme for embedded microcontrollers (2010)
- Heyse, Stefan; Moradi, Amir; Paar, Christof: Practical power analysis attacks on software implementations of McEliece (2010)
- Eisenbarth, Thomas; Güneysu, Tim; Heyse, Stefan; Paar, Christof: MicroEliece: McEliece for embedded devices (2009)
- Aguilar Melchor, Carlos; Cayrel, Pierre-Louis; Gaborit, Philippe: A new efficient threshold ring signature scheme based on coding theory (2008)