TulaFale: a security tool for web services. Web services security specifications are typically expressed as a mixture of XML schemas, example messages, and narrative explanations. We propose a new specification language for writing complementary machine-checkable descriptions of SOAP-based security protocols and their properties. Our TulaFale language is based on the pi calculus (for writing collections of SOAP processors running in parallel), plus XML syntax (to express SOAP messaging), logical predicates (to construct and filter SOAP messages), and correspondence assertions (to specify authentication goals of protocols). Our implementation compiles TulaFale into the applied pi calculus, and then runs Blanchet’s resolution-based protocol verifier. Hence, we can automatically verify authentication properties of SOAP protocols.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Armando, Alessandro; Arsac, Wihem; Avanesov, Tigran; Barletta, Michele; Calvi, Alberto; Cappai, Alessandro; Carbone, Roberto; Chevalier, Yannick; Compagna, Luca; Cuéllar, Jorge; Erzse, Gabriel; Frau, Simone; Minea, Marius; Mödersheim, Sebastian; von Oheimb, David; Pellegrino, Giancarlo; Ponta, Serena Elisa; Rocchetto, Marco; Rusinowitch, Michael; Torabi Dashti, Mohammad; Turuani, Mathieu; Viganò, Luca: The AVANTSSAR platform for the automated validation of trust and security of service-oriented architectures (2012) ioport
- Blanchet, Bruno: Security protocol verification: symbolic and computational models (2012)
- Carpineti, Samuele; Laneve, Cosimo; Padovani, Luca: PiDuce- A project for experimenting web services technologies (2009)
- Bhargavan, Karthikeyan; Fournet, Cédric; Gordon, Andrew D.; Tse, Stephen: Verified interoperable implementations of security protocols (2007)
- Chevalier, Yannick; Lugiez, Denis; Rusinowitch, Michaël: Towards an automatic analysis of web service security (2007)
- Chevalier, Yannick; Lugiez, Denis; Rusinowitch, Michaël: Verifying cryptographic protocols with subterms constraints (2007)
- Backes, Michael; Mödersheim, Sebastian; Pfitzmann, Birgit; Viganò, Luca: Symbolic and cryptographic analysis of the secure WS-ReliableMessaging scenario (2006)
- Kleiner, E.; Roscoe, A.W.: On the relationship between web services security and traditional protocols (2006)
- Bhargavan, Karthikeyan; Fournet, Cédric; Gordon, Andrew D.: A semantics for web services authentication (2005)
- Bhargavan, Karthikeyan; Fournet, Cédric; Gordon, Andrew D.; Pucella, Riccardo: TulaFale: a security tool for web services (2004)
- Bhargavan, Karthikeyan; Fournet, Cédric; Gordon, Andrew D.; Pucella, Riccardo: Tulafale: A security tool for web services (2004) ioport
- de Boer, Frank S. (ed.); Bonsangue, Marcello M. (ed.); Graf, Susanne (ed.); de Roever, Willem-Paul (ed.): Formal methods for components and objects. Second international symposium, FMCO 2003, Leiden The Netherlands, November 4--7, 2003. Revised lectures. (2004)