UML2Alloy: A Challenging Model Transformation. Alloy is a formal language, which has been applied to modelling of systems in a wide range of application domains. It is supported by Alloy Analyzer, a tool, which allows fully automated analysis. As a result, creating Alloy code from a UML model provides the opportunity to exploit analysis capabilities of the Alloy Analyzer to discover possible design flaws at early stages of the software development. Our research makes use of model based techniques for the automated transformation of UML class diagrams with OCL constraints to Alloy code. The paper demonstrates challenging aspects of the model transformation, which originate in fundamental differences between UML and Alloy. We shall discuss some of the differences and illustrate their implications on the model transformation process. The presented approach is explained via an example of a secure e-business system.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Jahangard-Rafsanjani, Amir; Mirian-Hosseinabadi, Seyed-Hassan: Lightweight formalization and validation of ORM models (2015)
- Lano, Kevin; Clark, T.; Kolahdouz-Rahimi, S.: A framework for model transformation verification (2015)
- Durán, Francisco; Roldán, Manuel; Moreno, Antonio; Álvarez, José María: Dynamic validation of maude prototypes of UML models (2014)
- Ameedeen, Mohamed A.; Bordbar, Behzad; Anane, Rachid: Model interoperability via model driven development (2011) ioport
- Soeken, Mathias; Wille, Robert; Drechsler, Rolf: Encoding OCL data types for SAT-based verification of UML/OCL models (2011)
- Anastasakis, Kyriakos; Bordbar, Behzad; Georg, Geri; Ray, Indrakshi: On challenges of model transformation from UML to Alloy (2010) ioport
- Boronat, Artur; Meseguer, José: An algebraic semantics for MOF (2010)
- Cabot, Jordi; Pau, Raquel; Raventós, Ruth: From UML/OCL to SBVR specifications: a challenging transformation (2010) ioport
- Moha, Naouel; Sen, Sagar; Faucher, Cyril; Barais, Olivier; Jézéquel, Jean-Marc: Evaluation of Kermeta for solving graph-based problems (2010) ioport
- Ehrig, Karsten; Küster, Jochen Malte; Taentzer, Gabriele: Generating instance models from meta models (2009) ioport
- Turner, Edward; Treharne, Helen; Schneider, Steve; Evans, Neil: Automatic generation of CSP$\parallel $B skeletons from xUML models (2008)
- Anastasakis, Kyriakos; Bordbar, Behzad; Georg, Geri; Ray, Indrakshi: UML2Alloy: A challenging model transformation (2007) ioport